Solution to Hair Loss
The SMP (Scalp Micropigmentation) technique is a modified, specifically designed type of tattoo, it is also known as a “hair/head or hairline tattoo”. Technicians place follicle size impressions that are strategically placed on the scalp to replicate hair follicles. Using many different sized micro needles and custom-blended scalp pigment, each impression is applied just below the epidermal layer of the skin (see image below) creating an illusion of a freshly buzzed result or, in some cases, further density.
Typically done over a series of 2-4 treatments. Scalp micropigmentation has quickly become the must-have solution for many men and women suffering from thinning hair, pattern baldness, scarring, and alopecia strains. It is the ultimate in non-surgical male and female scalp grooming and is considered an incredible life-changing treatment.
Clients often ask, “Can I receive Scalp Micropigmentation to add density to my existing hairline without having to shave my head?” and the answer is yes in nearly all cases! Scalp Micropigmentation is an excellent solution for those who want to add the appearance of a full head of hair to areas that have a lot of contrast between actual hair and scalp due to thinning. Men and women alike can choose to receive Scalp Micropigmentation to add density to their existing hairline without having to shave their head. We strongly encourage clients who are experiencing any kind of hair loss to learn more about the different ways you can change your life with Scalp Micropigmentation.
SCAR & BURN CAMOUFLAGE
Scar camouflage is the process of tattooing flesh tone pigments into skin to help camouflage hypopigmented skin. Micropigmentation deposits pigment into the area, blending it with your natural skin tone so the scar is no longer noticeable (kind of like a permanent concealer)!
Skin that is exposed to heat, electricity, sunlight, chemicals, or radiation, can form burn scars. As the skin heals it forms scar tissue that may be thickened and/or discolored. That’s because the melanocytes’ (cells that produce skin pigment) function has been disrupted.
We are able to re-pigment the skin with a natural color to blend in with the rest of the body. Light coloured scars can be camouflaged long term using medical tattooing treatments, during which skin coloured pigments are infused into the scar tissue to minimize its appearance.
Please contact our skilled scar revision professionals to see if this procedure is for you.
In the week prior to your first session you should:
- Moisturize your scalp (with scent free lotion) to be sure it is a good, healthy canvas for the technician to work
- If a hair system is worn, remove it so that fresh air can get to the scalp
- If you are shaving, do so the night before so the scalp is not irritated
- It is recommended to refrain from drinking alcohol and smoking 48 hours prior to your procedure
On the day of your treatment:
- Wash your scalp (with scent free shampoo), be sure to remove any hair thickening products or fibers well
- Refrain from putting any product in the hair or on the scalp after it is clean (thickening sprays, gels, moisturizers, hairspray, etc.). A light, scent free moisturizer can be used if the scalp is dry
- Shave your head with clippers or a foil shaver (no razor/blade shaving). If you prefer we can shave it at the Studio for you so that we can ensure it is at an optimal level for us to work
- We also recommend having a meal before your session and bring along a snack and beverage
Day 1-4 After your Treatment Session
After the first 4 days after each session you should avoid:
- Touching, picking or disturbing the scalp
- Showering, or shaving
- Any activities (sports, gym, etc.) that cause excessive sweating
- Using lotions or shampoos (other then what your technician provides you)
- Direct sunlight
- Tanning booths
- Steam rooms
- Razor shaving for at least 10 days
- It is recommended to change your pillow case for the first few nights to mitigate any possible risk of infection
Day 5 After Your First Session
5 days after your initial session you should:
- Wash your scalp gently with lukewarm/cool water and gentle soap
- Shave your head, using an electric shaver. No wet shaving (razor blade) for 10 days post treatment
- Apply moisturizer 2-3 times daily (or as needed) to prevent dry, flaky skin. Non-perfumed, natural moisturizers are recommended
After 21 Days Have Passed
- You can go swimming
- You can use saunas, hot tubs or steam rooms
- You can expose your scalp to direct sunlight BUT we do recommend using a sunscreen with high SPF, such as 50+ to protect your skin from UV rays and your new hair. Unprotected exposure to the sun may cause unnecessary and early fading
- Always avoid any products that contain alcohol, they are drying agents (isopropyl, denatured & SD alcohol are agents to watch out for)
- Moisturize your scalp once a day at minimum
Book Your Spot
Ready to rock? Great! We can’t wait to meet you, but first, please fill out our contact form and we’ll get back to you shortly.