Permanent Eyeliner eliminates the need to apply eyeliner with makeup, and can be done on your upper and lower lash line. Permanent Eyeliner can also frame your eyes and can make your eyelashes appear thicker, darker and fuller. It also gives your eyes a little extra something that most people can’t put their finger on. It’s always fun to keep them guessing.
All permanent cosmetic procedures are a multi-session process. You are required to come back for at least one touch-up visit before it can be determined that your work is complete.
Be prepared for the initial color intensity of your procedure to be significantly sharper, brighter, or darker than what is expected for the final outcome. It will take time for this transition based upon how quickly the outer layer of your skin exfoliates
Please remember that like any cosmetic procedure this is a process. Do not expect immediate results and please be patient. It will be a few weeks before you can fully appreciate the final results.
You may experience minor swelling and redness after the procedure. You will also experience oozing and skin peeling (scabbing) during the first week. The color will look darker and the shape might be sharp.
After about a week, the color and edges will soften. While healing treated area will gently exfoliate and you will lose some color (20%-50%). This is a normal process.
Usually, the exfoliation (peeling) process occurs about 4-5 days and will be complete at about 7-10 days. At that point, the contrast between the initial intense color and the new lighter color may be such that you may be disappointed. Do not worry. It is normal you will receive a second pigment application in a few weeks. At that time shape and color will be adjusted to your liking.
The final result of the first treatment will be visible after 3-4 weeks when pigment will stabilize in the skin.
Outer healing completes in about 7-10 days for the eyes.
Inner healing completes in 1-2 months.
Black Eyeliner Tattoo
1 – 7 days: darkest pigment.
7 – 14 days: pigment may lighten
15 – 30 days: the intensity of the color increases slightly
30 – 62 days: touch up of the pigment.
During natural skin regeneration, after the recovery period treated area might appear lighter than the original.
Often, even with proper care, customers develop bald spots or loose original pigment which makes the treated area look uneven. It is absolutely normal because your natural skin regeneration is not a process that a technician can control.
Most customers need a touch-up after about 4-12 weeks to assure that the desired effect was achieved. Micropigmentation is a process, two or three sessions may be required to achieve desired results. It is not uncommon to lose 20-50% of the color after the first session.
Please remember that with the proper prep and aftercare routine, you will have much better results.
Tip: after the healing is complete the use of sunscreen is recommended to prevent fading. Don’t use harsh products in the treated area.
Expect light to moderate swelling and redness. Immediately after the procedure the eyelids will be slightly swollen. Because of swelling the eyeliner will appear to be much thicker and sometimes distorted. In 2-3 days the liner will be reduced in size.
Lash Enhancement Tattoo Aftercare Instructions
- Do not pick, rub or peel off your scabs, to avoid bald spots, scars, or infection (itching is normal as skin is repairing itself)
- Keep the treated area clean and dry (use a clean towel or tissue to dry it), avoid environments that would cause dirt or germs to contact the area while healing
- Wash daily with a light touch to remove bacteria, build-up of product and oils, and dead skin, use gentle soap (Dial, Cetaphil, Neutrogena), dry with a clean tissue
- Do not expose the treated area to sun or tanning bed (3-4 weeks after procedure)
- It is recommended to not sweat and exercise after the procedure for a week
- Keep your hair away from your face
- No makeup on the treated area for 7-14 days
- Do not use mascara until outer healing is complete
- Avoid sleeping on your face, use a fresh pillowcase
- Avoid face-down swimming in pool, sea, lakes, and hot tubs for the first 7-10 days
- Avoid excessive rinsing and hot water on the treated area
- Do not wear contact lenses at least 24 hours
- Have sunglasses available
- Do not dye, perm, or use an eyelash curler for 2 weeks
- Eyes will be puffy and swollen for a few days
- Eyes may feel dry or irritated
- No eyelashes serums or growth stimulation, those products might cause pigment migration
Picking or pulling off skin that is not ready to come off will cause pigment loss and can pull out deeper tissue
Do not use decorative cosmetics on the treated area for 10-14 days.
Please don’t forget to book your touch-up in advance – at least 4 weeks from the initial session
Book Your Spot
Ready to rock? Great! We can’t wait to meet you, but first, please fill out our contact form and we’ll get back to you shortly.